Remington 783 in 30-06

Here's my conclusion. Solid rifle, good feel, very accurate.

Pros:
I was only using a single shooting stick so bench reaults should be better. Started at 100 yds and had a 2",group at 5". high to start. Made some adjustments. Shots 1-2 were at 100 yds. Shots 3-4 were "shooter error". I ended up moving to 150 yards and broke a stick to give me a cross support and ended up with 1.5" group.(shots 5,6, and 7) I was pleased for "free hand" shooting without a bench.

Cons :
have to make sure bullets are moved all the way back in the magazine or they won't load correctly. There is a little play in it. Once you do it there are no problems ( more human error than gun)

And last is the scope. It will work but its not the best. Obviously for the price it isn't top notch.

Overall very pleased with comfort, feel, trigger, and accuracy. I would recommend to someone looking for a dependable rifle at a good price. post-144505-14471796704942_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by bout time

I only used winchester 180 grain power points today. Being my first day I was concentrating on getting some solid rounds through it and honestly after the last group of 1.5" @ 150 yds I may not change anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-144505-14471991081911_thumb.jpg