Land with lots of Black Locust trees

fmrdd0331

On the firewood note just be aware that there's a 50 mile restriction, and a restriction for moving across county lines. and they are issuing fines if they catch ya.

The bug doesn't affect the log, just lives in the cambium of the bark. as long as you get the log before the tree dies you should be fine in terms of selling the lumber

I'd wait on the loop part of this.

Instead, I'd talk with a forester first (I can give you a name of a good one) and possibly they can do a management plan for you to clear some trees and put some money in your pocket while at the same time creating better habitat and cover and trails for you. You'd get the logging trails for free and get some extra cash on a selective harvest timber sale.

Just my two cents,

Chris

They did end up doing a small loop.  Walked it today and jumped two deer at 1pm.  Almost gave me a heart attack, wasn't expecting it.  I did give him a down payment and I'm going to buy the land.  He gave me the property outline sheets but no survey to be done with the sale.  Wondering if that forester you know goes out to Cayuga County and if they survey too?  If so I'd definitely appreciate his number.  Thanks