Fishing Lake Ontario this Sunday

With this warm weather Me and my daughter are thinking about fishing Lake Ontario this Sunday. I checked the marine weather reports and it looks like the lake should be calm enough( I know it could change between now and Sunday) I am located on the east side of Lake Ontario so I am thinking about trolling around the salmon river area. Any suggestions? How deep? Should I flat line stick bait? Riggers with spoons? Any advice is helpful! Thanks in advance!

Not an expert by any means, but we do catch a few fish. Personally, I would start in close, 6-8 fow with sticks off planer boards and spoons off riggers down 3-4'. Look for green stained water. Pay close attention to water temp as you go. A lot of times you can find a little pocket of water that is a couple degrees warmer and holding fish. If need be work out a little deeper, especially if water is clear and or sun comes out. Stay with natural colored baits. Good luck! We would be out there again too, but wife says we need to get a Christmas tree :)

Kyle

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks fellas! I am kinda excited for Sunday!

Bobber: We are going Christmas shopping all day Saturday so my wife said me and my daughter can go fishing all day Sunday.

Yankee Troller: how deep and how far down would the salmon be? I don't think we will venture out too far but it's always an option especially if the lake is calm. Thanks in Advance!

They are fishing outside of structure on the West end. 300+ feet of water. Like I said it's a lot of water to cover and very lonely out there. However, good electronics can help narrow that down. Running around looking for the "food" could narrow some water down before dropping any lines.