Trollmaster vs. I troll

Joe W

Recently i read a topic where guys were questioning which to buy.. Trollmaster or I troll ?  I had just purchased a brand new mercury 6hp. 4 stroke kicker motor and wanted a control that would fit. I was only left with 2 choices since control king doesnt make one to fit that motor. After talking to the technical advisors at trollmaster they assured me that theyre trollmaster pro 2 fits. I paid 348.00 for the product and was very dissapointed with everything about it. As a former tool and die maker i expected at least a little  precision  in the parts since it is a throttle control. It was junk that was not nicely made or fit the motor properly. Throttle linkage was binding and servo chattering. Control buttons were hard to push and dial not consistant. I was not satisfied and returned the unit for a refund. Thats when i contacted Joel at i troll. He was very helpful and assured me the unit would fit and work properly as he explained. The i troll was 365.00 with the shipping and does alot more than trollmaster. very nice quality product. installed easy and works perfectly. I would recomend this product to anyone that wants a high quality throttle controler at a competative price  Hope this is helpful for u guys looking for a throttle controller.