Spin Doctor 101.............

I have a fair working program with two brands of dodgers , 3 brands of flashers but the spinny's that I had for a few year now I just got wet this week. I added some hardware that made putting fly's on easier but I see many hole adjustment kind of like the Beachold flashers have just wondering if you guys that have used these for some time could help me out with my learning curve or point me to a web page.

Thanks

Yes they are Ray, I also have some tape to put on a few. The tape is super uv pearl transparent, super uv pearl non transparent and cracked ice uv....................would a picture of the ones I have help ????

ok2front holes very fwd ...1.5-4.5mph i always use this one ,2nd back .5-1.5 mph,,,,,,rear holes one at end of fin is less fly action (i use this also) oppisite side more action to fly

Ok Ray.............the way they come right out of the package is the way you run them !!

Thanks now.................

flyleader length 22"ish (from hook to front loop or attachment point.

Here a picture of one I have rigged up the fly just happen to be 22" give or take a .25" from the back of the tail hook to the top of the loop. Now I added a cross lock snap to make it easy to change fly's. Is this add lenght to be figured into the fly ????

Fish-2008-05-Derby028.jpg

and here is a picture of the ones I have, two on the bottom left were the one's I picked up last year when I talked with you at Catfishcreek. The rest you can see were like $8.95................

Fish-2008-05-Derby026.jpg

any input on which ones I should put that UV tape on ????

not really if it were me id try it on one of the 2 on the left that are the same to see if there was a diff. with uv.some people think the uv tape is new but i have a dodger ive had for 9 years with the uv. on one side .the dk green with gr fly will fool some lakers . also get in your arsnol a green dolphin and a nbk spindocter..

not really if it were me id try it on one of the 2 on the left that are the same to see if there was a diff. with uv.some people think the uv tape is new but i have a dodger ive had for 9 years with the uv. on one side .the dk green with gr fly will fool some lakers . also get in your arsnol a green dolphin and a nbk spindocter..

Ray there are 4 NBK which color do you use ????

http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store ... ashers.htm

We run our spinnys up on Lake Ontario different than that. We leave the snap in the front hole where it comes from the factory, but we always change the rear setting to the MORE action setting. We add a duolock snap like you have pictured to make removal of the fly easier.

As far as the fly goes, we like 23" measured from the tip of the fly head to the top of the overhand loop on the leader.

I'm not sure how this'll work on the Fingers, but on Lake O, it's deadly.

Thanks Billy V ........

are you guys running them on rigger and divers or just divers.

I see where the diver lead would be related to the lenght of the rod but do any of you have a "at least" this far back from diver rule ???/

On the down rigger what distance from the ball is your starting point.

My dodger go to is 15'...........my BTI is 10'..........then I would drop back more as the day goes on if the fish bite drops off before I would start chaging colors.

What is you go to color first thing (pre-dawn).........and where do you go from there if the bite stops ????

erabbit,

just to load you up with even more info and to add to billyv........

the past few weeks ive ben playing with leader lengths and spinny setting. the friday "practice fishing day" during the niagara proam we did 8 kings on the wire dipsey rod on an nbk spin doctor (#sd70925) on the opposite holes from factory w/ 19" fly leader. on saturday i couldnt catch a fish on it and the hot setup became spin doctor (#sd70905) on the opposite holes w/ 22" fly leader. truth is you never know what the fish want, so dont be afraid to switch it up.

3 different guys 3 different answers.

Legacy what hole on the front ? Billy V and Ray are using the first one or the one the way they came rigged. Yep I play around with leader lenghts also but most often have a got one. When I use peanuts I also vary lines which will give it more or less "jumping" motion. I went to a braid one time for a while and that made the peanut act like it was "wacked-out" jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean............... :lol: ..........had to add a sleve(straw from a WD-40) in the peanut to keep the braided line from cutting it into.

We run them on riggers, dipsys, copper, and cores. On some days they're all that we have in the water. Our rigs are 8' or so behind the diver...mostly to accommodate rod length.

For us, lead length behind riggers depends on what our spread is on other deployment devices. For example, when we're running two wire dipsys per side with spinnys and we're fishing all of our set-up deep, we keep the leads fairly short...say 10-15 ft. so that we can avoid tangled messes. If we were running spoons on the dipsys we could stretch them back a bit more. The short answer is that you gotta mess around with them some to figure out what works for you and what the fish want that day. That's the best part of this sport...we all have different ways of doing things and there's really no right or wrong way.

As for colors pre-dawn...we love a white double crush glow spinny pulling a white crinkle or glow fly.