Running inlines

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but I can't find the thread anywhere. I'm very new to inline boards and just picked up a few tx22s a pair of leadcore combos and a 300 copper and from everything I am seeing everyone prefers to set boards up so they don't release when a fish hits and this makes sense to me but I have no idea how to go about this any help would be appreciated

The TX have a pinch pad on the front and a spring loaded pin in the back. They can't come off but their pinch pad can release the line letting the board slide back torward the fish. Offshore tackle planer boards have a pin in the middle of the pinch pad not allowing it to release, sucks having to go back and get a board. Some of the older boards I have I put a large snap swivel on the back so it can't come off the line. Running different sized boards can give the lead core or copper different actions with different wave conditions. Sometimes my smallest TX is hot cause it gets pulled under a bit and gives the line a bit of a jerking action. Good luck!

You may have a board release on a big fish if so when that board goes under and is pulling with the fish, no fun!!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller