Northeast end of the lake ice

Looks like it is getting there! My buddy fished Chaumont and there is about 4" of ice left. After this week with warm temps and rain she is going to be about gone especially without any temps below freezing.

post-149865-0-78122700-1457445483_thumb.jpg

Yeah I would imagine after the warm weather this coming week and rain I bet that ice will be thin. He said the fishing was slow all weekend. He lost 2 nice fish right at the hole (so he says) but those were the only fish he had on all day. Sunday he caught a few perch but nothing to brag about.

Talked to a couple guys yesterday and there is already 2" or 3" of slush on the ice up at the head of the bay. Fingers crossed ice is out by 19th. I was thinking of heading up and throwing in my docks and rail system in. 

I recon'd the extreme ends of Sawmill and Guffins bays yesterday. Still a little ice left, but nothing you'd wanna walk on. Shorelines are all open. Soon. Very soon.

Was there ice in 3 mile? It looks like it has opened up from long point state park up to three mile.

Was there ice in 3 mile? It looks like it has opened up from long point state park up to three mile.

I didn't take a look at 3 mile that day, but I was back on Sawmill yesterday to get my boat out of storage. There was only a little bit of ice left in Sawmill. I would say 3 mile is about the same, if any at all.

Looks like all of the bay is liquid! Looking to get up there in the next couple weeks! Gotta get my docks in and track system welded up. Looking forward to an early season this year!

post-149865-0-77080800-1458745635_thumb.jpg

I know, I am planning on having everything ready to go before the eye season starts so I can fish my butt off that weekend. I'm limited coaching lacrosse this spring so I want to make the most out of all my may and early June weekends. 

At least this year I don't have anything to add to the boat just need to tie on some leaders and lures. Last year it was electronics and the rocket launcher so it took a little time from the opener. 

Edited by Chas0218

I know how you feel. I gave up lacrosse years ago. I coach all Fall though to make up for it. Soccer followed by volleyball. My biggest project on the boat is to bottom paint it. It stays in the water in Chaumont until September. Good luck with your season.

I couldn't do fall with hunting season, My buddy did bottom paint and said it wasn't too bad he put 3 or 4 coats on and only took a day. He said the only thing that really got him was his shoulders and back were sore the next day from reaching up under with a roller.