Salmon fishing around rochester

Definitely we try and sometimes we get lucky. It's a matter of finding the bait, you find that and the Kings should be there but they can be scattered from 10' out to oblivion. Best bet would be to go for lakers cause the Kings are close and mixed in. I run from Irondequoit and head towards the Genny in about 70' and go from there. Temperature is key, 46 degrees is usually my target number.

Definitely we try and sometimes we get lucky. It's a matter of finding the bait, you find that and the Kings should be there but they can be scattered from 10' out to oblivion. Best bet would be to go for lakers cause the Kings are close and mixed in. I run from Irondequoit and head towards the Genny in about 70' and go from there. Temperature is key, 46 degrees is usually my target number.

are they usually low in the water colum like lake trout?

are they usually low in the water colum like lake trout?[

Yes and no, I will run my lines 5-10ft from bottom and what you will see is the fish streaking either up or down. Usually the down streaks I found are the Kings but like I said they are mixed in so if you find bait balls stay close to it cause the Kings will be ripping through it.