vinyl flooring experience

Anyone have experience replacing the vinyl flooring on their boat, Specifically the Starcraft Fishmaster?  I have a dual console Fishmaster and there are some rust stains from anchors or weights on the floor that I cant get out.  I'm slightly anal about the appearance of my boat and would like to replace it sometime in the near future.  I think that in order for me to do it right I will need to take a few things apart but the thing that concerns me the most is on the sides of the boat there is a piece of aluminum that comes down from the in wall rod storage and makes a bend that gets riveted to the floor and I would need to drill those rivets out and replace them.  This creates a small issue because when i drill those rivets out they will need to be pushed back through floor and i really dont want that stuff rattling around between the floor and flotation foam or the floor and the bottom of the boat in some cases.  Everything I have read says the vinyl must be wrapped around the edges to ensure it doesnt come loose.  This may in fact mean I would have to lift the entire floor off the boat to do it correctly and that means removing the consoles and everything.  Im open to suggestions but I dont really want to do carpet.  Vinyl seems like the best option.

Thanks,

Jim