Salmon fishing gear

My family and I are heading to Alaska at the end of next month for 10 days of fishing. Most of our time will probably be spent fishing the rivers within a few hours of anchorage for kings. None of us have much experience with this type of fishing, so I'm looking for any information of what type of line to use (mono vs braid), what lb test, what size spinning reel/gear ratio, whether to use a leader or not, and any thoughts on lures/presentations would be great! I know the best thing to do is to get a guide, which we have already booked, but unfortunately the first opening was towards the end of our trip.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Edited by Guppy35

Thanks Zack.  I've started to read through some of the regulations for the areas we will be fishing, and you are right, there are a lot of them!  That's a good idea to contact the guide though, i'll definitely do that.

Sean Zack gave you good advice. There are a lot of "variables" involved so specific info relating to that particular situation and place  will be critical for success. Best of luck bud.