Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’ve been fortunate to catch a few nice sized pike - tigers this season, However I’ve run into a frustrating phenomenon. It only happens with larger fish in the ~ 15+ to 8 pounds range.                                                                                      

As the jerkbait comes within 6’ to 3’ of the boat the fish seems to come out of nowhere and take a whack at it, (sometimes really nailing it). My problem is that I don’t always set the hook in time since the fish is so close and the whole thing is such a startle. Then off swims the fish after a short sweet battle. Anyone else been there done that? I’m sure it doesn’t help that I use totally 1.5 to 3 oz. jerkbaits. A reality check thanks guys, happened both today and yesterday.   

Wonder what happened to the great feedback from Fishing NY and old man? They had been there.

My fault NPike - we lost those a couple hours of posts when I had to do server restore yesterday.  My apologies - wasn't too happy with hosting company on this one.  Will be looking into alternative options moving forward.

My fault NPike - we lost those a couple hours of posts when I had to do server restore yesterday.  My apologies - wasn't too happy with hosting company on this one.  Will be looking into alternative options moving forward.

Thank you Blue Eye at least I'm not seeing things.

Love it when they grab it at the boat. Expecting it on every cast is like Christmas morning as a kid over and over. Good pair of polarised shades help.