Sunday 6/29 AM I-Bay Report

Fished 5:30AM til 10 AM. 7 for 11 (6 kings, 1 steelie). Set up in 115 fow and fished to 225 fow, between Russell and the Genny. Best bite was around 175 fow, speeds typically 2.5 to 2.9 at the ball, until we lost probe (see below).

Lures - half and half (silver back), 42nd mag, DW SS orange crush (had two kings hit this spoon early at 55' down), kevorkian, carmel dolphin

Set ups - two wire diver spoon hits (225 out, #3 setting) over 150-175fow, rest were all rigger bites (110' over 200, 85' over 175, 75' over 175, and two kings early at 55' over 130 fow). Otherwise no core or copper bites.

Highlight/Lowlight of the day was when we had a triple (both riggers and a wire) and we were retrieving the rigger with the probe when it snapped as soon as the terminator hit the tip of the boom. Ball, release, and Subtroll were history - but I'm sure they were accompanied by a few other things down deep. We still landed all three kings so we couldn't complain that much. FYI - check your terminator clips - as that's where mine failed, despite the autostop feature on my riggers.

Hope to be back this weekend - probe or no probe,

Chris