Ok so i want to add the swr to the arsenal but i dont want to dedicate another rod to copper as i only have a few. I also dont want to spend a lot of time with a rod out of the water while tying on 2 color. So my question is if i were to tie up some 2 color with a 15-20ft floro leader should could i tie another piece of line on to the front side of the leadcore with a swivel for easy on off of the main line or would that kill the action of the rig? Or should i try and tie a swivel right on to the leadcore with maybe a surgens loop? And i guess question 2 would be about how far off the ball should i run it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think this would work: Attach a 2 ft piece of mono to the leadcore with a Willis knot. Next attach the other end of the mono to one of those SPRO swivels. The type that is just two little rings. You could tie the leadcore to the swivel whenever you wanted to use it. Just make sure you have room on the reel. Also, you'd want a leader on the other end of the leadcore. I run my SWR within a couple feet of the end of the leadcore

I am going to rig 2 colors of lead for an SWR to use off my downrigger. I plan to use the sea flee line on the reel. The thing is, I use open face spinning reels for my downriggers, since they don't require a line counter. I use the level wind reels for the dipseys, and a  10 color lead core. The open face reel is a Penn conflict 8000, huge reel. I hope this works.