New to Fishing Lake Ontario, trolling without downrigger, I need help!

This is my first time fishing Lake Ontario near Olcott; I would like to try trolling without a downrigger for lake Trout and Salmon but have only a little knowledge on how to setup my pole and line. I am hoping someone can help tell me if I have the right equipment and how to set up it would help. This is the equipment I have. 2-9 foot poles with 200 feet of 50lb braid line on them. I have in my box 2- Dispy Divers size 1 good for 70 ft deep. 3- Bungee’s two size 000 light and one 001 medium 12 inch. 2- Great Lakes Snubber’s 12 inch. 6- SnapSwivel’s size 4 for 170 lb test. 3- Snap Swivel’s size 2 for 240 lb test. 1- Box of Barrel swivel’s black size 1. 2- Jensen Dodger’s. 1 Vance’s Dodger U.V. 1- 20 lb test Fluorocarbon Leader 25 yards. 1- 30 lb test Fluorocarbon Leader 25 yards. I am 65 and live 10 minutes from Lake Ontario but have never fish the lake so this is all new to me. I am use to fishing small lakes so any help would be appreciated.

Your dipsy set ups should have at least 700 get of line. Usually you'll stuff them out 175-350 feet then a big king will rip another couple hundred feet. Won't need the snubbers. When I have older gentleman on the boat I ran allot of drop weights. They get you down to the depth you need and they are allot easier to reel in than dipsy, copper, and lead core set ups. Best bet is to get on someone's boat and Let them show the equipment options and rough overview. Charters are expensive but worth it if you find a captain who enjoys teaching not just handing you a rod. In sure kicking in on fuel will get you out fishing. I would post that your looking to go out with someone local and post the fuel bill. Allot of guys like to teach

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just an initial questioo: Are you sure you have 200 FEET or Yards on the reels? Usually stuff like Power Pro braid comes in either 150 yards or 300 yd spools in most stores stocking it. Ff you have 200 YARDS (600 ft) it would be the bare minimum lengthwise for the 50 lb. braid for most applications. You could let out a maximum of 250-300 ft and still have the length of a football field  for the fish to run (not a whole lot with a big king). You might want to consider using a 124 mm. Deeper Diver as it will get you down the maximum with the least amount of line out (larger and has a heavier weight on it). I'd go with a 30 lb leader with that setup (less likely for a big king to snap off that 30 and 50 combo) with a short  mainline.

Edited by Sk8man

Just an initial questioo: Are you sure you have 200 FEET or Yards on the reels? Usually stuff like Power Pro braid comes in either 150 yards or 300 yd spools in most stores stocking it. Ff you have 200 YARDS (600 ft) it would be the bare minimum lengthwise for the 50 lb. braid for most applications. You could let out a maximum of 250-300 ft and still have the length of a football field  for the fish to run (not a whole lot with a big king). You might want to consider using a 124 mm. Deeper Diver as it will get you down the maximum with the least amount of line out (larger and has a heavier weight on it). I'd go with a 30 lb leader with that setup (less likely for a big king to snap off that 30 and 50 combo) with a short  mainline.

I have 600 yards of Cabela's RipCord Pro 50 lb braid line "blue" and I just purchased 2 Magnum Dipsy Diver with Monster Ring UV Bright and a new Okuma Convector CV 30D reel with line counter, it should hold 700 feet of the 50 lb braid line. I also purchased a few Spin Doctor Flashers different sizes and I picked up a few snubbers 12 inch. Is there anything else I might need?