boat and tailer?

NPike

boat and tailer?

What’s needed to sell a boat w trailer (no motor) privately.  It's a V1470L Polar Kraft with a 17' Karavan bunk trailer. I have the receipt for the boat and trailer sale. I have the title for the boat. The trailer registration is up to date and is transferable. 

Do I need any other documents from the DMV or otherwise in order to complete a sale in NYS?

Thank you

Edited by NPike

will need a boat and trailer title . or if not titled a transferable registration for each . that  is for new york not sure what other states are . if never been titled with a state would think a bill of sale from dealer would work . would have to go to the dmv and see. fill the dvm forms ,pay the taxes and fees and your in.to sell the boat and trailer sign the title and a bill of sale will work. 

Edited by fisherdude

3 minutes ago, mac150 said:

When he registers boat and trailer, they are seperate transactions. Needs itemized or seperate reciepts. There is a dmv(ny) form for that. One for each. 

I talked to DMV late this afternoon they said to use the same type form for the boat as well the trailer, form MV912. Fill it out for boat. Then fill it  out separately  for Trailer. It's just a DMV suggested Bill of sales. They said you could do by hand if included the I.D. numbers, make, model number, name of seller and owner and dated it.