Little Salmon River Challenge

Well, the Challenege is this weekend, not sure if anyone is going to join us, but as of right now we are at 50 boats registered. I can also tell you we have more than $12K sponsored in cash and prizes to be given away. We are also donating all of the proceeds to the newly formed Fair Haven net pens. If you are looking for a one day fun derby. Just like last year $50 a boat. Let me know if you any questions answered.

Rich

Rich,

Were going to do it. Probaly going up there on thursday to sign up. Can we still register at jon's or do we have to go to mikes marina. I dont know when mikes marina closes and i wouldnt be up there till 6:30.

Pat

Pat,

You can sign up at Mike's on Friday during the day, or at the capts meeting on Friday night, but it will be cash only from here on out. I heard today we are close to 70 boats right now, with a lot yet to sign up, me included. Over 12k in sponorship with $$$ and prizes. Should be a great time. See ya there.

Rich

i think it will be bigger.seems like there is more chat about it and with the proceeds going to the f.haven net pens i think it will pick up a few more boats from there.i guess we will all know tomorrow.see you at the meeting.

I've got a quick question. What goes on in a Captains meeting that can't be stated in the application? It just seems kinda crazy with gas prices and all, that teams whodont plan on fishing out of mexico must attend. It is probably going to keep me from entering just for that fact that I dont think I will or any of my teamates will be available to make it in time. I kow i might be the exception and I am in no way critisizeing the tournament at all. I think it's excellent and a great cause. I can see a meeting during the pro ams because it's a 2 day event and most teams are staying at that port for the weekend. Could someone help me understand the crucialality of this?

Ls,

I will give you one example from last year. In the rules it states NO Lake Trout are allowed. We atleast one team try to weigh Lake Trout. SO that is one example. Also at the meeting we are giving out a lot of prizes, and if there are any questions about the rules they will be answered right there. You do not have to be there, but you need to turn in your waiver before you fish. We will also be giving out the capts bags at the meeting, and the bags are worth almost as much or more than your entry fee. See everyone there.

Rich

I think it's great what you are doing Rich. I wouldn't hesitate to drive to the meeting if time allows me to. Are you telling me that perch are not eligible? lol j/k Id like to go just for the chance to meet some of the guys.