Fair Haven 7/22 pm, 7/23 am

First time up this year with new boat and gear....obvious that I have lots more to learn. Was very slow and the fish were scattered over a lot of the water column.

tues pm went NW and started in 160 fow. Tolled out till I found more fish at 192 fow. I only have two riggers so we couldn't cover as much as most of you and finally caught a small brown (didn't even break the release). At 7:30 the 50' rigger goes and what I believe to be a steelhead, comes straight to the top and jumps all over the place. Throws the spoon, an NK blue dolphin! :x

I don't have a down probe so can't tell you speed or temp but surface was from 2.5 to 3 mph.

My fishing partner is not feeling well....said it was the flue so we head in. Think it may have picked up but no sense in losing a partner!!

Tues night thunderstorms and all sorts of nasty weather passes and is finally done by 5:30 am...head NW again and hope to find more cooperative fish.

50' rigger over 180 fow fires and finally manage to land a 7 # steelie (same NK blue dophin spoon). Tried for a few more hours with much the same results. Scattered fish and little if any for bait fish.

Was a bit frustrating but at least got the new boat and gear tried and will be back!

Thanks to all you guys, especially Billy V, for your posts...I've learned a lot and will continue to try!

:)

Found some fish straight out in 75 to 100 Wed. morning. Rough looking bottom with some bait and big marks. Caught a couple med. salmon and a steely in 2 hours. Spoons.

2 more days renting and I'm out of there. Report when I get back.

Firebiz