Reaching out to my fishing brothers and sisters

My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer a couple months ago. She is currently undergoing chemotherapy, and will eventually have surgery and radiation to follow. She has lived a simple life, raising my sisters and I while working at Walmart for over 20 years. Unfortunately the health insurance she has is not very good and her bills are really starting to pile up. We are organizing a benefit for June 4th of this year to be held in Newfane. I am looking for some donations to include in our basket raffle and large ticket item raffles. I know in the past some of you charter captains have donated charters for other benefits I've helped organize, and I thank you very much for your kind contributions. We also have a budding group of entrepreneurs, developing their custom tackle businesses. What a great way to get your name out in the best Spring/Early Summer port on Lake Ontario. If anybody is willing to donate anything, please contact me via PM or text my cell at 716-316-1831. I can pick up locally almost any day. Rochester area, my sister can pick up. Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Gambler Rigs will donate a lake trout package to raffle off.

Awesome!!! Thank you Brian. Let me know when ready for pick up. I might be heading out to fish the ponds Tuesday, but my sister lives right in Rochester so she can grab anytime.

I have the basket it would need to get rewrapped

Pm me your address and cell #. I'll set up a time to come pick it up, or if near Rochester, my sister can pick it up. Thank you very much. Big NASCAR community here with the dirt track in Ransomville.

• 2 months later...

Well, we are less than two weeks away from the benefit for my mom. I'm still actively seeking donations and gift baskets. We are holding it at the Olcott Firehall on Sunday, June 4th. 1-5pm. I have tickets for sale, if anybody would like to attend. Tickets are $20. We have all sorts of donations. Salmon fishing charter out of Wilson aboard Dublin Up, numerous tackle baskets, tools, salon gift certificates, kids stuff, dinner gift certificates, a 55" Smart TV, etc.
IMG_1495448434.851031.jpg

She has been taking the chemotherapy like a champ and only has a few treatments left before she will get a much needed break before surgery. I just hope we can raise enough to help her with all the added expenses that come with this terrible disease.