How many here fish out of North Sandy pond?

Wondering how the fishing is out of North Sandy pond. I looked at a bathy map and saw it doesn't drop off as sharp as off Oswego and other ports to the west. How far out do you need to go this time of year to find deeper water where the kings are hanging? I know as the year moves on they will start to move in but I hope to get out in the next couple weeks and was wondering how far offshore you need to get to find fish.

Anyone from Sandy pond post reports? I have only seen a few and up until today thought hte Sandy creek reports were from Sandy pond, LOL.

Thanks in advance,

Spike

I fished out of Sandy Pond this past weekend. The weather wreaked havoc on us for four days and screwed up the thermocline. Friday afternoon when things were stable we marked good bait and fish at 215 fow and caught two kings. Saturday after the storms the thermocline was gone and so were the fish.

Bob

How far out did you need to go to find that depth of water?

Seems like a calm week, maybe things will stabilize again?

Might try Oswego for the first time, I guess it dropps quicker over there.

Spike

it definitly drops off much quicker over in oswego, probably only need to run 3 to 5 miles to get into fish. from the sound of things kings are scattered so if you find good bait pods stop and fish it from multiple directions and something should happen, the last couple weeks fish seem to be out of temp so don't afraid to fish out of temp. if fishing is slow you'll see 5 stacks to the east of harbor. start around 60 fow and move out to 90 until you find bait along bottom, once you found the bait you found the browns. 45 to 60 feet back 5 feet off bottom, alewive and glow frog patterns seems to do the trick.