1 lb ball & mono dipsey?

Any body ever try to achieve greater depth with a 30lb mono dipsey by adding a one pound ball ahead of the diver? How would you rig it if you think something like that would work....or would it just be too much "stuff" on the line. Trying to avoid the kinky, pigtailing, breakin off, bulky, wire setup is the reason I ask.

Mark

Never tried it, but I can imagine problems with it. Wire really isn't all that hard to deal with. The learning curve is steep at first but once you get the hang of it it's really pretty easy to use and it just flat-out WORKS. I'd just spool up 1000' of 30# wire and get down to business with it.

That would be a real pain to deal with. First the 1# ball would create a severe bow in the mono, and the diver would be almost be counteracting what the weight's intent was. Next, trying to trip the diver in the event you wanted to clear that rod or simply switch out the setup. With the weight in front of the diver, this would be a real P.I.T.A. One setup used a while back, was to use a Jettison release while using a pounder. App. depth with a 1 pound weight was and I say app. is 45 feet per 100 left out. So if you wanted to obtain 90 feet of depth app. 200 feet would need to be left out. Again I say app. As we know there are variables that come into play. I believe that Church now has a release to securely attach the weight and then retrieve it, thus not losing the weight itself. Hope this helps.

sounds like a great idea skippy ,heck just give your fishfinder the line and have him swim down 90 ft and when a fish hits he can let the line loose.gosh that is almost what a downrigger does.Man you guys from lyntucky have all the great ideas.Im gonna get a banjo and come up the way to a hoedown and some hot fishing tips.Hey i just saved 25.00 bucks by usining a cinderblock to replace the last rigger ball i lost,only cost 1.99 ,heck you could slip one outa your neighbors foundation(trailer support)and save a couple bucks.

an

a

Thanks for the insight fellas, especially ...YOU... Ray, next time ya need a spare fur yer van or boat trailer, my neighbors have got some on thier roof, they'll prolly trade fer that block ya got... but ya gota git yer own ladder, mine is still leanin on my bed.