King Spoon ???????

CBish

Ok, here is a question for you all.

Is there such a thing as a KING SPOON? (read on)

I am checking out at Narby's when in walks a lure rep for the smaller lures that the paint comes off of (need I say more), we begin talking, I have my business shirt on so he knows I'm a capt., and he keeps pulling out lures saying "This is a KING spoon you have to get this one, Capt. Soandso Eastend designed it and it catches KINGS!!" After about 6 spoons, 4 flies and 3 flashers (this is a king flasher designed by Capt. Eastend and it catches KINGS!!!)

Later on my way home, I am begining to think of my KING SPOONS: Carbon-14, 42 second, NBK, Raspberry Dolphin, orange crush, SSW and KING FLASHERS: WMD, Billy's Spotted SD, green/glow, chromy. Then I begin to think -- every spoon I tie on is a KING spoon or I would not tie it on. Maybe a spoon like steely-dan is a steelhead spoon, but about the time you throw it out to catch a steelhead guess what -- you'll catch a king, so it too would be a king spoon.

Any how I think now whenever I talk to someone about a spoon that I use I will call it a KING Spoon! Oh and by the way those 6 spoons, 4 flies and 3 flashers haven't caught a KING yet and I doubt that Sharon will give me my $80.00 back!!

CC

I am checking out at Narby's when in walks a lure rep for the smaller lures that the paint comes off of (need I say more)

LMAO!!!!!

I love it! You'd think that they could get that problem corrected somehow by now!!!

Won't buy 'em, won't fish 'em.

Used to until I'd find a hot pattern, catch 3 or 4 fish on it and now all the paint is gone and it won't catch another. NO MORE!

I have called this spoon manufacturer by name on the carpet in the GLA site & have been admonished for it. My post was taken down. Guess they buy their way into these sites with prizes, support & advertising for the tourney's, etc. I will not use their product, as it is designed for planned obsolesence. Good business plan for people who will put up with it, not me. Love my NK 28's, they are all I need.

I told him -- the rep -- that the paint was a problem after they catch a few fish, he chuckled and said that's why they make them that way.

The NK - 28 NBK has been out fishing the paint peeler this year anyway!!!

Hot spoon today was the purple dalmation NK-28 Smokin'

CC