Did a solo trip this morning from 7:30 to 1pm. Set up at 275fow and headed north. Did not mark a fish until 430ft. Set the riggers at 65ft and got a nice king to tear a#% at 445ft. 18-20lber that was the darkest king I have gotten this year. Stinger NBK 28 size. Started to set lines again and when I was looking for a lure had the rigger pop straight up. Small king that didn't fight much until it got behind the boat then it was jump time. Same set up as first king.

Stayed out there for a while and got the wire to fire once but lost it :$;( :x I had just taken a Atomic green crinkle fly behind a green e-chip flasher off and put on a Hammer fly and had let the line out to 140ft well it started to creep a little to fast after I sat down so I went to tighten the drag a bit and as I touched the pole the wire ripped :shock: :lol:

Had a guy tell me he was in 90ft of water and doing well on the steelies so I picked up and ventured into there. Slide back out a bit to 125fow and had the rigger just get crushed :!: That was probably the best hit I have had all year and it just screwed. Hit the 42nd spoon on the slider on the 55ft rigger but unfortunately I had it break off in a matter of 1 minute or so. Broke off just a few inches up from the lure ;( . That one really pissed me off :x :x :x :x :x :x :x , it was a good king and I get very very very few break offs during the fishing season and that's 2 in the last 2 trips out (wire last time)

That was the last hit for me as it was getting bumpy.

30lb big game but I had my slider on 15#. I ran out of my Seagur 20# and the 2 places I went (West Marine and Mitchells were both out of it :x ;() I have used that in the past without a problem. Must have just had a nick in it or that toothy critter gobbled it :shock: Not a knot problem it was broke off.

That was us in 90 fow. We started in the trench going 1 for 2. We stopped at the wrong waypoint and didn't fish our hotspot for the first hour. That's when we finally took a nice King a lost another one and then the quick morning bite out there turned off. I have had a lot of success inside, so we slid in and did very well for the next couple of hours. We went 9-13 in 90-100 fow. 210 and 150 on dipseys on familiar bite and mountain dew spin doc and hammer fly. We also had a lot of action on the bows 55 and 60 foot down on nbk's. We had our first triple, which was fun since we only fish four rods most of the time. Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I had family obligations. The fish are still there and have been all summer. The thermocline changes but if you work it, it will pay off.

Good luck.