Few questions

thanks in advance guys I have a few questions.

1) between flasher spin dr pro troll ect and lure 18 to 30 good places to start

2) do you run Dodgers ect off riggers with spoons and flies also.

3) where should i start with length behind riggers. Currently seem to start about 50 back

4) how long should i be from dipsy to dodger ect?

5) should I be running dipsy or anything off boards or just run stickbaits (tx22 boards I believe)

Again guys thanks for answers hoping I can start to play around a bit now that I'm pretty comfortable with getting gear wet

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm fairly new to this as well but will tell you what we do. Question #1 is yes 18"-30" is fine, shorter equals faster fly action, longer equals slower fly action, try different lengths until you see what works. Question #2 we normally only run spoons off the riggers but you can run flasher/flies. Question #3 50 feet is a little long but might work, we normally do about 20 feet, but try different lengths and see what works. Question #4 we use about an 8 foot leader off a standard dipsy to flasher/flies, any length if using a slide diver. But you need to be able to net the fish with a standard dipsy diver. If you run a meat rig with twinky flies you'll have to shorten to about 4 feet. Question #5 You can run lead core or shorter copper lengths (200-300 feet) off boards, but stick baits is more for spring time. Now I should of stated this is our program for salmon, if your targeting browns or lakers you'll have to ask someone else as we don't target those species. 

1) I like to run the lead between 22 to 24. But do have some longer leads if I'm not getting knock offs to switch to.

2) Yes but not often more of something to try when slow. Thu if I'm targeting Cocho I run dodgers more often than not up high.

3) Depends how deep ur fishing. If you fishing deep 8 to 20. Up higher longer.

4) Rod length or just abit longer or you won't be able to net them unless u hand pull.

5) you can run leadcore or copper off the bigger boards. Not sure about a dipsey's.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys.

Gambler that is one problem im 2 hrs from the fingers and the big lakes. Hopefully I will get the chance sometime as I have been invited by a few great guys here. I also have a charter in 3 weeks I hope to learn on to. I know many here are successful so figured a great place to ask. Really targeting Lakers more than anything (figured I'd just let boards get wet and maybe get lucky on someyhing as they don't bother the rest of my gear).

Seems like I need to shorten my length behind the balls for sure. Will get some different length leaders going as well. Thanks guys feel free to add any other info I'm all ears

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk