solo canoe for lake ontario

solo canoe for lake ontario

HI

Have not been on the forum lately.

Back then Was looking for some answers on installing a boat lift on the eastern shore of lake Ontario near Kendall ny.

Most people say no so I guess I will have to  pass on that.

I did have some contractors say it can be done safely but the lift has to come out of the water in the winter.

The say the DEC is a bigger problem and not only as far as docks and lifts but also decks that extend near the water.

Right now the water on the lake is a few inches below the break wall and my break wall is huge and thick with gigantic boulders in front of it and still the lake has broken it in spots.

Most of the time in the morning it is very calm like for a few hrs and I want to go back to a solo canoe for fishing.

I used to have a Wenonah Backwater for fishing but now that I am 78 yrs old I struggled lifting the 78 lbs to the top of the car.

Now I am thinking of the new old town Next canoe or the old town pack angler.

I love fishing from a canoe-it is so silent and can go in very shallow water.

Anybody have one of these boats.

Thanks for any replies.

I saw some huge fish near my break wall but could not say what they were for sure but they were really big.

The water here at my cottage is really clear right next to bald eagle harbor

Edited by dfg4240

Thanks Gator

Eagle creek marina is right at the end of my street but I have to drive around the block to get there.

Big deal HuH !.

That old town pack angler only weighs 33 lbs but the Next weighs 59lbs.

For the amount of times I will use it I will probably go with the Pack angler. Now that you showed my that site I might look around for a used canoe.

I could always go bigger and use a Kelvar covered conoe.

thanks again for any advice