29 June- 1 July MCOC

First, this was great tournament!  Thanks to Matt, Rich, Lucas and Mike and everyone that helped.  In addition donating to a good cause. 

29 June: Got out of work and headed to the boat, left the dock around 4:30.  Started just west of bradocks bay in 120' where we had got some nice kings the weekend before.  Screen looked great and fish  were from 70 to 100.  We ended up with 5 and mix of Lakers and small salmon and the lake was dead calm.  But on are way in we worked into 90 feet with fish all over the screen so we new where we had to be in the AM.

30 June (Big fish Friday):   First time fishing a tournament like this having to catch all four species.  We started off bradocks bay in 90ft of water and the action was hot and heavy.  A mix of small kings, Lakers and browns.  We ended up with 19 fish but could not get a steelie otherwise we would have been in the $$.  The hot bait today was the Stud fly behind spin doctor 42nd. I had our biggest king today hit the copper as I was putting it in the planner release.

Our spread consisted of:

3 Riggers with a stacker 70-100

2 Dipseys 200-280

2 Coppers 350, 500

1 July MCOC:   Started in the same area with the same spread but the bite was slow and the first fish of the day was that steelie.  We worked 90-140ft all day and ended up with 9 fish mostly Lakers.  We  weighed 3 fish, having little experience fishing  a tournament like this I threw back a 7lb king (lessoned learned).  The story of the day for us was we took biggest laker 19.42lbs.  He hit the 500 copper and we could not move him so we decided to circle him to gain back all the line.  It was a great three days but my wife wants be home now at least until 5 July when I am headed back out...  We also made the news for  seconds. 

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/first-major-trout-and-salmon-tournament-in-30-years-comes-to-monroe-county/755725933?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_News_8_WROC_Rochester

laker.jpg

MCOC.png

2.jpg

Congratulations to all who participated and the organizers, but somebody should have told the newspaper guy that Sandy Creek is in Monroe County lol