Cut bait ??

ronwerk

Was wondering if anyone is runing any cut bait (or can you even get any)

Are there any good imitation cut baits out there that you run with good success?

I'm still new to this trolling in the lakes on my own and can remember thats about all people ran not many years ago?

I have been running familar bite which is a whole brined alewive , it has worked great behind a 11" flasher 50-60" leader off a down rigger @ 1.8 to 2.2 mph @ the ball. Search for familar bite on this site and you will get all the info you need.

• 9 months later...

The new Fish On Cut Bait looks awesome - You can get it now at Captains Cove at the Oak - and the Boat Doctors in Olcott. It fits all the Rhys Davis heads and is certified VHS free- I have so missed this for 2 years or so and will be using it later today.

• 2 weeks later...

Ronwerk- I start using cut bait in early-mid summer if it is available. I usually run it on twinkies behind divers with about a 6-8' leader. I've had luck running it off riggs but definitely prefer the divers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just got back from Gander Mountain JC NY and they had Cutbait. Not familiar with the brand, out of Florida but it was Herring in strips or whole, VHS free with paper work. They did not have much but apparently just came in.

• 5 months later...

Have you ever tried an MCRocket? They are 100% tuneable, glow for hours,are unbelievably durable but more importantly, they're deadly. On July 17, 2009, we went 18 for 35, on 2 rods in 5 1/2 hours. Most were 20+ lbs. All on the same 2 rockets- a #1 reg. & a #24 mag. You can get a better look @ mcrocket.com