What a find!

Went to Cabela's in Maine today to return two pancake weights. Browsing around I notice they have some Fishlander lures. Then I spy a bunch of 42nd fishlander lures. I scooped them all up. $2.88 each!. I also stocked up on a few other choice colors for $3.88 each!. Meandered around a bit more and found they carry spin doctors. Bought a couple colors of those that I didn't have. I was very pleased to see they were carrying NY fishing gear. We don't usually find that close to home. I was also able to pick up a net with a loooong handle (I only had a 4' handle for my last trip out). $40 on that with the coated net and all. That to me was a steal. Now I just need to find more time to fish Ontario and get some use of of this gear.

Spike

Captspike,

You did well. I was there back in July and did not see to much stuff for the big lake. Yes there was some tackle like the SD's but not as good as you discribe. Looks like I may need to stop by again next time trough.

Richard

Wierd part is their fishing dept. is so disorganized. You could be just avbout anywhere in it find something for a different species than the area you are in. The spin docs were over by the boating equipment and downriggers not even near a lure....????? Lucky to find them.

Spike

They must have moved things around quite a bit. When I was there all the big lake tackle was in two isles. Downriggers, flashers, and lures. But not much selection. I was there in July for my annual trip to Point Sebago. I have been camping there for our family vacation for the last 14 years.

Richard

They must have moved things around quite a bit. When I was there all the big lake tackle was in two isles. Downriggers, flashers, and lures. But not much selection. I was there in July for my annual trip to Point Sebago. I have been camping there for our family vacation for the last 14 years.

Richard

I have seen some recent catches out of Sebago, I may have to start fishing that lake next year.

Spike

• 10 months later...

Just got back from Cabela's again. Very limited spoons and variety of manufactures for NY type spoons. The spin doc's are almost gone as are the flies. I don't see them restocking either. Looks like it's back to online or wait until you get local to the lake to buy any gear again. Oh well.

Spike

• 2 weeks later...

Spike,

I was there on the eleventh. Picked up a flasher I liked. I was mostly there for some archury stuff to replace what was stolen last hunting season. I did ok in that department.