Mexico Bay 9/6-9/07/08

I had the pleasure of having Brad(Nemesis) and his son Jordan on the boat Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. We waited to headout Friday due to the wind, imagine that, but we did manage to put 1 slob in the boat, we ended 1 for 2. Saturday we fished a small one derby for another site, which was for big fish. We finished the morning, had to pull lines at noon, going 7 for 12, with the big fish going 28.02 6 hours after catching it, we ended up taking 1st place. The screen was packed with fish, we stayed in the 70-95 fow area from the big river north, and tried to stay out of the pack. It was working good until the other boats saw the nets flying with few of us that were a tad south. All fish came on echips or spinnies pulling ATOMMIK flies, in hammer, hypnotist, glow white, sweet pea patterns, and the fish on glow pattern took a bunch of raps also. The paddles were white/glow, white/mountain dew, black/glow. Hopefully the fish will stay in the lake for a few more weeks, Good Luck guys, I will post pics later today.

Here is a pic of Brad and Jordan with the big male we took on Friday afternoon. This fish was over 28lbs on the scale.

BradJordan29lb.jpg

Jordan doing battle with one of many on Saturday:

FishingPics222.jpg

We kept 5 of the 7 we caught:

SEADUCKTIONScatchScderby.jpg

Here is a pic of the one that won us 1st place, 28.02 lbs:

2802-lb-king-SC-derby_resized.jpg

Here is the top 3 places:

FirstPlaceSCderby.jpg

Good Luck, heard there was a good push of fish that went up the river, but there is plenty more in the lake.

Rich

Rich glad to see your getting out. And first place Nice job ;) So I'm guessing you like your new slip this year? How's the 620 treating you? I will be moving my transducer to the kicker side of the boat for next year there seems to be better flow of water there then next to the swim plat form I'm hoping that will also get rid of the interference I get going into the waves.Plus I have to put that wedge on that I got with the unit I'm shooting to far forward I'm losing my riggers at 2 MPH on 50 khz Talk to you later.

Erin

Erin,

Glad to hear you found out what was causing the problem with the FF. Maybe next year you will be able to come out a couple more times to fish. We are loving the new slip, close to home and close to the fish. Talk to you soon.

Rich

Rich glad to see your getting out. And first place Nice job ;) So I'm guessing you like your new slip this year? How's the 620 treating you? I will be moving my transducer to the kicker side of the boat for next year there seems to be better flow of water there then next to the swim plat form I'm hoping that will also get rid of the interference I get going into the waves.Plus I have to put that wedge on that I got with the unit I'm shooting to far forward I'm losing my riggers at 2 MPH on 50 khz Talk to you later.

Erin

50 khz is the narrow beam try the 200 for a wider beam.

Spike