Sandy or Genneesee for weekend ?

Mike we (Jax, 2 of his friends and I) fished it yesterday (9-11 ;(;( :evil: :evil: ) for about 5 hours and had only 1 stinking hit that was short on the wire in 70 fow down 50ft.

We threw everything at them boards, wire, riggers and even the dreaded lead :roll: . Spoons, J plugs, flashers and flies. Nuttin :$;(;(;(;( :x :x :x :x Long leads, short leads and bottom to top.

Fished from 10fow to 90 fow. I think your best bet might be the Genny or the Oak. Sandy may have it's day just not yet.

Mike,

From what I have heard, The rochester fish have been hard to find this week. We are still heading out tomorrow am without a solid game plan.

I too am wondering where we should begin as far as depth. Anyone with info as to whats going on around the river or bay would be much appreciated. That means you Capt. Steve, Capt. Bruce, Capt. Mark of reel jerksand Capt Yankee troller. :D .

Thanks,

Jay

Seeing that I will be going out of the Genny,I am sure that there are absolutely no fish in that area.That is, between six in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.

Chances are that they will start biting once I am off the water.

My suggestions would be to start at O'dark:30 right at the mouth of the Genny with glo J's and spoons...Spoons are mostly for browns/steelies...Work that hard and for as long as you can stand the traffic or conditions allow...Even if the sun pops out, if you have colored water and some of the traffic is gone keep at it a little longer as the fish will calm back down without the boat traffic...

Than either pull and run out to 475-550 or troll out their to see what you can find on the way...Last week we found some nice kings in 15-20 FOW combat trolling then the screen was disgusting with hooks from 300 out to past 500 just they were not active and we only pulled a half dozen immature kings and steelies...

Good luck to those who make it out...