A little Canandaigua help?

Doozer

I'm taking a couple friends to Canandaigua this week trolling for trout. I'm on the lake quite a bit, but never fished it.

I have pretty much Ontario equipment, riggers, wire etc.

Can you give me a little help on approx depths etc. so I can show em some fun?

Thanks

Doozer, Try launching at Woodville troll north up the southwest side to half way point between Cook and Seneca points set your two riggers at 70-80 small spoons needlefish/suttons (blue, orange, silver/copper) shorter drop than Hemlock...15-25' free sliding cheaters on both lines. wire off both sides aiming for the 40-60 foot range running in 80-160 fow...same small spoons..

slow as you can go 1-2.2 mph)

Chuck

Laker Taker

I run flasher fly program like you would on Lake O.

Spin Drs with Atomik flies, echips with flies or squids

on riggers and wire and also 600' copper rig.

On recent trip, I stretched spinny to 35' off the shark and that was the the ticket. I usually keep em to 15'-20' off the shark. I troll fast like 2.3-2.8,

and you may get rainbow or brown running quicker and higher up in water column. Fish the marks or just above them. Sunny days green and mtn dew, cloudy days white and mtn dew with color matched flies or glow squids. Set up near the White Rock on east side and hunt to Whisky Point on Eastside. Or if the marks are scarce head to west side and up to Bristol harbor Condos. Sometimes you don't have to run too far from south end launch to find fish.

Hey Doozer, went out on Canandaigua Sunday.I am as well done with Ontario for the year, I fished the Pump House on the North end, went 4/4 lakers all on green/glow spin doctors and green/glow atomik flies 60-80 fow. Watermelon 28's and dreamweaver frog patterns are also hot this time of year out there.