Took a buddy and his son out yesterday. His second trip and his boys first. Setup on a NE troll in 100ft of water. Kept the spread simple as i am new to the sport myself. 2 riggers, 1 wire dipsy, and my first time using copper....a 300ft rig on an offshore mag inline board.

First hour just a few little shakers. I figured we had another one when I saw one of the rigger rod tips twitching so I hopped up, grabbed the rod and tried to release the line from the weight. At about the same time I figured out I was pulling on the fish, the fish figured out it was hooked. Good one on! Handed the rod over to my buddy as the fish took off. He finally slowed down 300+ feet later and dad and son worked together to get him in. Solid fish, checked in a tick over 19lbs.

Landed a 17 lb on the copper, a couple more shakers, and lost 2 good ones in the prop wash. Most action between 140-160 ft and 50-80 feet down. Moonshine and Stinger spoons. Fished 6:00-10:00 but the bite turned off by about 9:00. Fleas were getting bad by the time we started pulling rods. Didn't see many other boats.....maybe others went out deep?

2018070895073839.jpg2018070895072349.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app