Shasta Lake Trout Derby 10-11 & 12th 2008

stan

With the money at $ 3,000.00 I was talked into fishing the derby. So at first light headed out and take all I have learned, from you all. Planner boards and dipsy divers with the downriggers all working . To pre fish the derby. So I hope I make all you teachers proud.

My old friend Patch and I where on the water at 6;50 am, just as it started to get light. Headed to the Squa arm of the lake. @ downriggers at 100' , steelline and dipsy 90' and the copper at about 60'. All our bass where caught at 90 to 100' and one at 60'. We need to go deeper for the trout. water temp at surface 67.4 at 60' 64.7 . Battery went dead in Depth raider.

All bas where caught on Silver Streak spoon and one on a yo-zuri

All the big fish held tight to the bottom 120' to 200'

javu6p.jpg

2m7yzk5.jpg

2upy6vr.jpg

wrb6fs.jpg

were did I go wrong 15,000.00 in fising equip. taught. you everything i know and you post photos of a fish that would not bend a snoopy pole with a bobber. And where did you get those colors for lakers I said green/w/ green.when you get done having tea with skippy19 stop over and ill take you fishing for lakers,and salmon and steelies.

Ray they are all Silver Streak spoons, They are green and silver. and for some reason , thiis is how they showed in the picture. ( chip ) Cliff the owner of Silver Streak send those out to me. I think our lake is just about ready to flip. All the big fish where hugging the bottom. The fishfinder had some at 90' and 100' .We thought they might be some 2 or 3lbers. But it was not so.

stanly ,better yet join the pro site (20.00) bucks and we can live chat ,and ill spend another 30 seconds telling you everything i know,cooking fish in the dishwasher can be pretty expensive do you know them things cost 500.00 now and another 100.00 to get it installed.I thik the wife might have some kind words for you ,for your cooking classes............

Raymond , If you did it wrong, I could understand her being upset. I will join after this derby this weekend. The weather dude is calling for winds up to 40 mph today and saturday. This will keep alot of people off the water. Take care I am heading to my houseboat for the weekend. That will be our base of operation for this derby.

Well , we sucked at the derby. We took a gambel and where going after big browns and lost. 0 Fish for us on saturday. The guy in the lead only had 5.8 lbs for two fish. We had 30 and 40 mph winds all day saturday. The only cool thing is we found a pod of sturgeon , and where going after them . On monday night.

Sunday I hook a small brown of only 1 to 2 lbs. So hey we had alot of fun and ate some great bbq on my boat. Ok Ray I am waiting