Opening weekend

I shot a doe on Saturday morning only to realize my tags were an hour and a half north of me! Sat Saturday night and passed on 5 doe(damn forgetfulness). Sunday morning (tags in hand) I saw 3 bucks. Went back for the night run and had a 130" running a doe down. He him stopped at 40-50 yards with vines in the way. So, he is still walking around as I declined to take the shot.

My buddy took a small 7pt on Saturday morning and saw a few other deer he passed. He passed on a small doe Saturday night. He then passed a 6pt (no buck tag) on Sunday morning and saw a nice 8 Sunday night.

A very active weekend and i was surprised to see that giant on a dead sprint behind the doe with his head down and tongue hanging out this early.

Congrats on your success YT. Same thing over in Wyoming Co. - does were very skittish, bucks chasing doe, making scrapes, rubs etc. Had a doe walking around with her tail straight up for a half hr. Passed up a couple "young ones" and a great weekend to be in the woods.

Shawn

Near the town of Pike. Lotsa nice area in that county. Where were you at this past weekend? I also hunt in Allegany County near Rushford - some of my buddies that were hunting over there had similar sightings. I thought the rut was supposed to be late this year!

Shawn

well, i lost that property on Wyoming rd. The guy who gave us permission doesn't even own the land. I felt like suck an azz when the nephew of the owner came by and asked us why we were hunting there.

WE weren't far from the Griffith Energy location though.