Cannon SNT

Anyone have any info on the Cannon SNT? I got an Email from Cabela's listing the SNT for $100.00 off. Someone from another site stated that Cannon was going to stop making the SNT. I finally have one that works, if I lose a probe I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a unit. I really like the true depth given by this unit. It is a real eye opener when you see how much cable you need to put out to actually reach the depth you want. I used to use a chart that I found that gave the depth reached with cable played out and angle of cable. Guess if the SNT is gone , I'll have to dig it out. :(

I was talking with the owner of fish 307 and cannon has been in contact with him running ideas about a new setup. I guess it's only a matter of time and the new unit will be out, due to all the problems they have had.

On a side note is your true depth accurate? I thought i was funny this year how at times our probe would be the only rigger to fire or the only one not to fire and then we were fishing in front of the river this fall and found out that the true depth was off by as much as 12 feet. I like the unit because of the light % because i've noticed at around 7 % greens and blues start out producing glows and white.

I wondered about the accuracy of the depth feature on the SNT. So on a slow afternoon I did some experimenting. I let out several lengths of cable and checked the depths on the SNT, downrigger counter and sonar. At every depth the readings were the same on all the scales. I believe that the depths shown on MY SNT are accurate. That may or may not be true of other units. The SNT , when it works is a great tool, I hope Cannon can iron out the bugs. i also tested the temp unit against the German made hand held and temps were all within a few tenths of a degree of each other down to 100 FOW.