Salvaging your boat

nancyb2

I have found the time is near to Salvage my 22 ft. boat. It has become very difficult to find someone to work on it. It's a1985 and mechanics just don't want to service the older boats anymore. It's a good runner and fishing boat! Does anyone know how to go through this process? I would like to get some value out of it if possible but have never been in this situation. Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

It’s a fiberglass 230 Sport Craft and the steering cable is beginning to show wear! I can’t get anyone to service it and my only option is to salvage or sell as is. I’m the only owner and quite discouraged that no one is servicing the older boats anymore! Hate to give her up!!!

That really is a small matter. There are plenty of people on this board who do their own repairs. Steering cables are easily replaced and do not cost an arm and a leg. Before salvaging your boat you should go to Craigs list or on this board and ask for a local guy to swing by your house and replace it.There are plenty people around who make a second career fixing these small matters.If you do not feel comfortable going that way, contact Hank (L&M marine) on this board. He is in Port bay which is an hour east of Rochester. He can help you.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 2