Braddocks 12/27

GAMBLER

Fished in the monsoon an Saturday and did really good on pike. 2 of use fished 10 tip ups and iced 8 pike and lost 4 others. We had other flags with quick long runs and drops before we could get to the tip ups. Watched the underwater camera and was amazed at the number of pike swimming by. One 20 minute time period, we watched 7 pike swim by. Mostly smaller pike but one monster. The ice was still around 5" in most spots when we left at 1230. The top layer was getting soft and the shore ice was crappy. The water was getting murky really quick as it got later in the day.

This is the first time I used the camera at Braddocks. I was shocked at the number of panfish too. Lots of dink perch and some real nice ones along with bluegills, sunfish a gobie and 3 crappie about 4" long.

I do not have a camera but I have looked on a friends, was also shocked from what i saw. Would have never believed another friend that he had a coho to the hole until we saw a few go by.

That is the way it is w/ most cameras under the ice. The color cameras give you a little bit more but color cameras are useless under 30' of water. I purchased the Marcum V250 and like it. It was $159.99 with a $20.00 mail in rebate late year.