We went out around 5.30 in windy weather and as we left Wrights Landing the first boat had already turned around and came back in. It did not seem very bad  and in fact quite normal weather for a Sodus Pro-Am weekend. So out we went. We set up in a hundred foot of water and after about 15 minutes we had our first bruiser. Within an hour and a half the tally was four. The waves however were over 4 foot at that point. So we decided on one more and then go in. We should have known better. 5 minutes after that decision I got a hook embedded in my thumb while trying to clear up some lines. At that point we decided to go back in. On the way back, with the help of a good pair of pliers and a few choice words I got the hook back out and by 8.30 we were back on the dock. We'll try again next week.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Reelfanatic said:
Bravo for trying! Glad to see it paid off. We looked at the lake from wrights and turned my 19' islander towards owasco. We salvaged the day with a good bite there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That was a good idea. It was not a good time for 19 footers to be out there. We were fishing in the trough while being pushed sideways by a 19 knot wind. We had to get around on our knees for fear of banging into things. The occasional 6 footers that were mixed in did not help.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by rolmops