Thanks Jeremy. Appreciate it. I just might have to jump in your boat. I have soooooo many questions, but the fun part is figuring it out as I go. I do have a boat load of venison jerky to share.

I love the learning curve and fishing solo so much gives me tons of time to experiment without worrying about catching for someone . I say it a lot but tournaments are a great way to learn. You get to see piles of guys who killed it at the exact moment you were out and see how it compares to what you were doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Awesome photos. Odd question here. I lost my net on my last trip forever. Need to buy a new one. My net was to short to begin with so it may have been a blessing. However I am now in the market for a long extended reach net. What type of net do you recommend/have Jeremy? It looks long in some of the photos. I need that especially when I fish solo.

Thanks for any direction here

Tim

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have 2 Beckmann. One has a 3-7’ handle with smaller hoop and the other 6-9’ handle with the larger hoop. Beckman is insanely heavy duty which I like but it’s heavy. When solo the 6’ un extended to me is perfect length. I’ve tried extending it out thinking it would easier and it’s not. I get the fish within ten feet to the boat, calm it down, and then grab the net. Once I’m ready I hand line the fish in with my left hand and scoop with my right. Fish under 10lbs get slung in like a bass tournament, Lake trout I usually just reach over and grab unless a tank [emoji23]. It’s definitely the most challenging part of solo fishing, I’ve lost tons of TANKS AT the back of the boat because I missed the scoop.

I’ve had a lot of rangers which are light weight easy to maneuver but I’ve bent multiple handles

Yankee uses Cummings I believe and speaks highly of them. I was going to try them but it was easier for me to get the Beckmann

• Like 1

I launched from Bald Eagle just ahead of you and worked that shallower water. Didnt want to run deep since it was the shake down run in my new-to-me 16 FM 196 and I'm still getting acquainted with her.

Batteries were dead in my fish hawk probe, but I'm sure we were fishing way out of temp. Best screen all day though was 90 fow early. Started fishing marks and did something like 8-9 with a skipper, couple teens, and 4 or 5 over 20 lbs. Meat and spoons worked with UV wonderbread in the mag size doing the heavy lifting.

When I get warm temps this time of yr I go deep. I stopped 200 300 then 350 dropping probe till I saw a temp break, then started fishing. I know guys that did well in the warm water this morning, but personally I go offshore and look for better situations. We are getting close to the kings throwing temp to the wind and staying in the warm though. Saw multiple high 20’s taking in the 170fow range today on meat. Biggest I saw tickled 29[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1