Trading Fisheries For Fuel (NAFC article)

Legacy

A very eye opening article! As far as I'm concerned...E-85 :no: sucks big time! I run a C-15 caterpillar diesel 180,000 miles a year and I know that soy bean fuel is no good either. So far has cost me a load from downtime due to the gelling effect at below zero temps at only 15% blend with ultra low sulfur diesel #2. :@ NO, additives don't help with that problem. It is also more expensive to buy. I had a $600 fuel injector replacement most likely due to the blend according to CAT.

475 horsepower goes down to about the level of an old 238 detroit everytime I get the stuff. I avoid it like the plague now. SAVE THE SOY FOR THE TOFU EATERS :* and keep the water in the lakes for the fish and us humans. I don't know...can we drink the stuff like white lightnin :P

The mileage in my ford 460CI motorhome went from 7 MPG to 6MPG when using e 10 gasoline. Actually I used 14% more gasoline to go the same distance and had to pay for the alcohol additive. Maybe the pollution #'s are better, but the fuel used is wasted.