Starter Kit - Attractor/Fly Combos

I think I got a good handle on the rod/reel I need for dispy's. You guys have been great. I appreciate it.

Now I'm on to what attractor/fly combos to start with. I fish a small clear spring fed lake. Fleas aren't a problem. Main bait fish is rainbow smelt. Target fish is lake trout.

In an earlier post, chowder suggested to keep it simple - whites/greens. I read over this site, A-TOM-MIK and Dreamweaver sites and there are hundreds of different colour combos. 4 attractors and a 1/2 dozen flies should be enough to get me going. Here's the combos I'm thinking...

1) #70350 lite green crush glow SD / #T23 Crinkle Green

2) #70202 chartreuse mtn dew crush glow SD / #T106 B Fly

3) #70001 white double crush glow SD / #T22 powder blue

4) trash can / #T80 crinkle green/silver

5) #T10 White Halo

6) #T102 Hammer Fly

What do you guys think of these combos?

Also, would 12# Big Game be OK for the dipsy to flasher leader or should I go upto 15#?

1.) We use at least 20# mono leaders from the Dipsy to the flasher and no less than 20# mono on our mainlines.

2.) your combos are fine

3.) We use white flies/spoons when targeting lakers

Good luck,

- Chris

Those combos should keep the net man busy! Don't undersize that leader, those divers are precious! consider using a fireline leader, Stinger on the FLX forum got me using them, and I like them, though they are not standard fare. I would not go w/ mono under 20. I use a snubber but I run wire.