Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After a humbling morning yesterday at Fairhaven I was looking forward to a relaxing morning on the home court of Cayuga.  Headed out of Deans about 7 and was greeted with a flat lake and a strong sun.  Decided to try the skinny water anyway and was rewarded with continuous action courtesy of a bunch of burly lake trout.  Spoons or sticks on riggers or short cores......they didn't care, just kept hammering away at everything.  I kept holding out to finish the box with a silver so released 7 or 8 fish and then near quitting time a brute decided to swallow a stick bait so I took the hint and called it a day.  The fight in these Lakers was tremendous compared to those caught in deep water.  No water-skiing the last 50 feet with these today but of course, they were only back 75-125 feet.   Just a beautiful morning to be on the water.

0517200648.jpg

0517200821a.jpg

• Like 7

Nice!! That's some good fishing. I'm hoping to get on Cayuga soon, I haven't fished Cayuga much, was out of T-falls once last year an did alright.

Nice! The Lakers we caught were pretty fiesty. Even had one leaper! What was the surface temp on that side in Dean's? 

29 minutes ago, fingerlakesfreddy said:

Nice! The Lakers we caught were pretty fiesty. Even had one leaper! What was the surface temp on that side in Dean's? 

If memory serves it was 54-55 but that was a week ago. Betting a little warmer now.  Hoping to get out later today or tomorrow for a bit but forecast of South wind promises a bumpy ride.