Water temp gauge

I use the TD to check the running depth of my dipseys and coppers through the day. I particularly like to send it down on a rod that is having more hits that the others to confirm depth and them check the others to see why they are not firing. It’s eye opening to check a dipsey on the port side and then check the starboard and see that they may be sometimes 15’or more difference in depth due to current or a crabwalking boat due to wind push. It happens even more often with coppers. 

Can used the TD at least two ways:

1) attach it to your downrigger and gently lower it to say 100 ft it will record the temps at 5 ft intervals within that 100 ft range the thermocline is often (but not always) within that range. You can record the temps on paper or mentally and look for the place within the range that has the largest degree of temp change within a short interval. The set your lures according to the desired temps for the species sought.

2) You attach it to a dipsy, copper or leadcore line and find the depth your lure is actually running still an "estimate" but better than just assuming.

It is a clumsier system than the X4 series devices but better than nothing.

Edited by Sk8man