1 Rigger Rod and 2 dipseys.

Wondering what would be the best way to set these, facing backward our downrigger is on the left side and it has a rod holder, there is a built in holder right behind the downrigger closest to the back of the boat that is where I normally put my rigger rod, which plate setting should I be using so that my dipsey angles as far out left as possible just to keep away from the downrigger rod, and when the dipsey fires should I pull the rigger up or just fight the fish off to the side. The 2nd dipsey can run off the opposite side no problem. I had success on herring or Huron kings last weekendIMG_20200823_211154_910.jpeg

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From the description you have I think I can picture it. You could run a # 3 on your dipsey if you are worried about a tangle but you can still get away with a 1 or 1.5. When dipsey gets bit (it’s already to the side / back / and up from rigger) the fish will generally swing to the middle. Just pick rod up hold tip high and over rigger pole and fight the fish once you get it to the back
Not sure what type of dipsey rod you have but most run longer rods yo get that line away from other gear
Once you get the hang of it you will realize that you want that rigger to stay wet so you can double up.
The biggest prob you may have is if the starboard dipsey fires and that fish takes a quick run to the port. Just get to the pole and lift it high and over rigger pole and you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Also when setting your dipsey set it slooooooow. Don’t thumb it. Use your drag and slowly let it click out. This will avoid tangles and kings will pound it while letting it out too

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United