Port Bay 3-24

That is welcome news at this time of year :D Do they still try and have the channel open by April 1st? How is the ice on the bay?(Bullheads soon???)I've had a residence there all my life, and you guys do an excellent job keeping the channel open :D:D:D

well, I climbed the ice mounds still on the pier and threw cleos at 'em for an hour or so with no luck. Didn't see anything or have any hits. :? But it was nice to get some casts in, breathe the lake air, and do another rain dance to help the ice melt!! Quite a few ice anglers still on the big ice cube going for perch. This time of year I don't trust the ice enough to venture out there - I'll wait a few more days until it melts and then tool around the bay in the boat for the perch. 8)

Hank - I think I passed you on my way out to the point. Looks like you have quite the job cleaning out the channel this year - it filled in pretty high and full! Are you looking to have it open by next weekend? I agree with screamer - you guys do a great job with the channel!! Thank you and keep up the great work!! :P

I am hoping to get out for a PM shake-down trip this coming Saturday. See you all on the water!!! :P

Screamer: It will be open by the 1st as always.

Ice: Still a lot but not real good ice. A lot of guys fishing it t'day except the south end where the creeks come in it's not good.

Where is your cottage? East or west side?

I'm on West Port Bay Road. I'm about the 9th cottage down after the bend where the culvert pipe is. We have the cottage the tree fell on about 6 years ago. After i responded this morning, i got to thinking about when Norm used to keep the channel open. Do you remeber what year the crane fell in the water?