Looking for some info...

I'm new to the site you guys post some great info...thank you ! I was curious a couple of friends and I are going to Cayuga the last weekend in May never fished Cayuga other than from shore out ot Cayuga state park with the kids. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Tcon

Are you set up to; 1. troll, 2.drift/cast & jig, or 3.shore angling? Also, what species are you most interested in trying to catch?

If you are set up to troll, give us a basic idea of what you have to run (i.e., wire or super braid dipsy setups, 2 riggers,lead core or whatever you got on the boat- then we can give you some nuts & bolts info)

ok ,im not the original poster of this question,but since your giving info ill listen in.i too have been interested in fishing Cayuga.i have fished alot most of my life(im 41) but the last few years i have got into it big time,i have a new 165 alumacraft that is all set up for trolling(fish finders and kicker motor,and everything in between.i do some cast fishing ,but most of the time i lead core for walleyes,with some jigging tossed in.i do have 2 cannon down riggers that were given to me ,i have not used them alot,i know the basics on them.i also acquired most of the gear that goes with the down riggers ,some flashers, releases 10 lb and 5 lb weights .most of the stuff was for salmon and trout on ontario,he also gave me 2 poles for down rigging both with few hundred yards of i think 20 or 30 lb mono on them.like i said im very into walleye trolling on Oneida and some rivers,and occasionally Ontario,so i have the basics . ok now that i rambled off all that useless info.im always looking to expand my fishing areas,i have heard alot of talk here about Cayuga, or some of the other lakes,i live in clay , on the south shore of Oneida. so any info would be greatly appreciated ....thanks snuffy