Sandy Creek shakedown cruise 3-28

With the weather as good as its ever been in March, I was ahead of schedule on getting the boat ready for the season. On friday (with help from Scott from Silverfox), we launched the boat, took a quick cruise out of the creek, and tied her off to her summer home. This morning I was itching to get the boat out on the water make sure everything was working (and of course get a few lines wet too). We were only out for an hour or so but we did pull our first fish of the year, a brownie, from the plume out in front of the creek.With the lack of rain, the shallows lacked color and were pretty clear for the most part. Saw 4 boats out in the lake along with a couple fishing in the creek. Im hoping to get on the water next weekend and troll the shallows a little bit more. Let the fishing season begin!

I got the boat out for the first time Saturday also! Had to wait for the weather to warm up around 11ish so the wife would help me launch. Boat ran well and managed to catch 1 small brown right in front of the creek also.

On a side note..... I have been having pretty good luck with the Challenger stick baits the last few years. Just wondering if anybody else has been running them? The 1 fish I caught on Saturday was on a blue w/ black spots Challenger.

See ya on the water :rofl:

Jeff

Fishing for Fun,

Yeah Im a fan of the challenger sticks. They have put some fish on the boat over the past fours years or so that ive been using them including the brownie on saturday.