Dumped the boat for the first time this year out of Wright's Landing. Headed east out of port along the shore for awhile but turned back because the temps got lower. Harbor was 40-42 and it was getting colder the further east we went. On the way back we hit a nice brown in 12 fow in front of the water treatment plant on a purple/yellow belly Smithwick Rogue on the planer board 50 back and 100 out. After reseting the board we had another hit a few minutes later but lost it. Felt great to be back on the water again! Probably 10 boats out in the area this morning.

aVrpYg9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I am still weeks away from getting in the water and I am contemplating putting planers on my boat (19 ft Glastron). I always have trouble in early spring but the planer set up is costly.

What radio channels are people using these days, it seems like there is no one on any channel? Have cell phones taken the radios place?

A cheap way to utilize planer board fishing is to buy Pink Lady Inline planer boards. We have used them on Lake Ontario for years and they work fine. For $10 each it's cheap and we've had them in 2-3 footers and they still perform fine. They get your lines away from the boat and we've run 2 off each side of the boat easily. When I had my 16' Lund and fished by myself it was the only way to go! PM me if you want to ask any questions.

Dion