Oh what a beautiful morning!!

Did the shakedown thing with the big boat and all is well. Engine and systems all a go. The water at the Oak is still cold and very clear. We could only find very small pockets of colored water and when we did it was 40.5 to 41.2 degrees. We did manage to pull a few fish, all on small baits #7 rapalas in cold steel was the best. Mixed veggies in both the kaboom and on a small spoon also took fish. Biggest mistake of the day -- not resetting my rigger releases for spring fishing, twisted one fish off that couldn't pull the release.

Had 3 boys on board, all caught fish; my 9 year old started things off with a nice little Atlantic, should be a fortelling of good luck -- first fish of the year = name of the boat. I feel good!!!

A little wind and rain should set things up nicely for the beginning of April.

CC

great report those surface temps are amazing fri morning the near shore were 38.3 to 39.6 and 36.5 out to 8 miles by the end of a sunny day the offshore was the same but only 4 tenths change inside but a n/e wind was keeping the waves working that musta piled a bunch of warm water near shore ,so dont hope for too much wind ,west of port there was green water all the way to johnsons from shore out to 80 fow but i couldnt hardly buy a bite,a week or two of sun i said SUN,hello we need a little SUN down here ,and those fishies will be shaking the fog outa there head and put the feed bag on.

• 3 weeks later...