Hey guys, have been stalking the board for a few weeks and have decided to give the browns a try.

Have heard a lot of talk about the water having good color. I take this to mean that the water is cloudy or

stained as ooposed to clear. If I'm wrong can somebody correct me please.

Thanks

Billy Bones :(

Yes, that means cloudy/stained water. Not only will the darker water usually be warmer than clear water, if you can count pebbles on the bottom as you are trolling by, obviously the fish will be a lot more spooky and harder to catch, or they just won't be there. The murkyness of the water is a form a cover for the fish when they are in skinny water.

Tim

BB,

Don't confuse stained water with dirty water. What you are looking for is water with dissolved nutrients that darken the color vs. dirty (muddy) water that has undisolved sediments that are suspended in the water. Tom is right if you can see the bottom in 10 fow you are going to be hard pressed to rack up the numbers.

Clear water hints:

small lures

pink

step up the speed

CC

Green water is good if it's there. Stitchin' the mudline is good advice too. I've heard it said that the muddy water is only a few feet deep then it clears below the mud? Anyone ever run a camera under that muddy H2O and bust that myth? I guess it all would depend on the conditions.