Fishing regulations

Here’s what’s in the regs: key is that your targeting fish during closed season

Closed season restriction

A person may not fish for a species (even if immediately released) during the closed season for that species on a given water. Fish caught during the closed season must be unhooked and released immediately. They may not be handled for any other purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here’s what’s in the regs: key is that your targeting fish during closed season

Closed season restriction

A person may not fish for a species (even if immediately released) during the closed season for that species on a given water. Fish caught during the closed season must be unhooked and released immediately. They may not be handled for any other purpose.

I figured I couldn’t but just wanted to make sure

Adding to the reply above; certain species (Black Bass) have designated catch and release seasons where you’re allowed to target outside of the standard season as long as they’re released immediately. Use caution though as it’s not a statewide reg. In the southern tier you can target Bass in May; however, where we have property in the northern zone fishing outside of standard dates for Black Bass is prohibited. It’s clearly defined in the statewide Angling Regs publication.

Look through the new regs... https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/fishguide21.pdf

Previous regs allowed for out of season c and r for bass almost statewide, except for Jefferson county (where my place is). Looks like they locked up some more counties and places. Go to your region and see if there are any special regs. If not, then state regs would apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United